Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some updates and other bits (LST part 4# etc)

Fixing a broken Tail plane on a Dambuster 
Just kept on trying to Super Glue or Something with my Scotia Lancaster Dambuster to no avail, So thought as it was under side a Guitar string and a drilled double hole would be the best bet. So a dab of Super Glue and the Tailplane back on I hope Permently! 


 

And onto trying to fix the LST height, I found a foam box which was the correct Height at (to make 22mm)
But now thinking of doing the whole thing in Balsa wood anyhow!!!??? (well can do both, But goes into my 1/72 Brown Water Navy in Vietnam)

 


And Scratch Building a Turret for a KV2, Scratching my Head for Scratch Building ideas. If I was doing resin i would have been able to do one of, But even the window putty would not cure.
So after cutting up Plastic and gluing it was down to melting a sprue into the right size blob as in carefully melting it without it burning black smoke then pusing into a hard surface ie Metal. and then with a file and craft knife making into the required shape. Just caution and better to keep file or sanding down than have a re-start!!
 
and a very rough turret but painted up who will know ha HA HA (sprung now, had to be done)
Sort of know i can sculpt a bit better and have found a new Medium some of my Ideas may come about a bit quicker err Maybe.........


 
The only way to find the actual one i did as i forgat to do the final shot is to cut the large phot of the commision I did it in?!

Any more later Karcuss

No comments:

Post a Comment